Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Star...The Best Season

  Is it just me or does this season of Design Star seem better than the past seasons (minus the David Bromstad season of course)?  I don't know if it is because they never seem to have a budget.  The rooms just look better to me.  I can't remember watching an episode before and loving a lot of the rooms.

Here are some of my favorites to this point.

This is from episode 1.  The episode where they have to decorate the house they will be living in.  This room is by Mikel and Britany.  The things I love about this room are the blue and yellow combo, the stripes, the fretwork on the wall, and all the pillows.


This is episode 2 the White Room Challenge.  This room is by Rachel.  I really love the black and white graphic feature wall.  I am also liking the green with the pink and yellow.  I think any color looks good with black and white. 







All of these images are from episode 3 where they design for Kris Jenner. I liked every room. That has never happened before. Kris Jenner and I obviously have similar taste. I love the black and white everywhere.

I wasn't impressed with any rooms from episode 4.  They designed indoor and outdoor spaces for 2 homeowners.



Episode 5 had my ultimate favorite room.  In this episode, the designers were given a specific design style and had to do a lounge for a Hollywood party.  Of course, Britany's room was my favorite.  She picked Hollywood Regency.  If you have been following my blog, you know that my design style is very Hollywood Regency.  I love the checkerboard floor and the black tufted leather couch and chairs.  I just love this whole room.


Episode 6 was the kitchen challenge.  Stanley and Hilari did this kitchen and I don't care what Vern,  Genevieve and the Kitchen Cousins said about it, but I liked it.  I don't care for the wood cabinetry.  I would have put in white maybe.  But I really do like the red with this blue.  I also don't mind the hand handles.  Stanley was thinking outside of the box.  HGTV needs more designer that do that.





In episode 7, the final 4 designers makeover condos.  It was a color challenge.  Each designer picked a color that they had to incorporate into their room.  I thought that this episode was disappointing.  I liked this room by Britany, but I think the final 4 should be doing something a little more wowing.

They are down to the final 3 now. 
 
                          
 


Danielle, Britany and Hilari.


I think it is going to go down to Britany and Hilari.  Hilari has a great personality for TV.  Britany is a better designer in my opinion.  It is going to be a tough decision.  I am going to say Britany will win.  I just think it is a design contest and she is the better designer.  Personality can only go so far.  You have to be able to design as well.

Are you guys watching Design Star?  Who do you think will win?  I can't wait to see the next two episodes.

HGTV Design Star



All images via HGTV