Sunday, August 26, 2012

Vintage Modern and Flea Market Glamour

I know vintage isn't anything new in the design world, but it is kind of new to me.  I have always bought brand new furniture and accessories.  I also thought vintage was too country or grandma-ish for me.  But now that I have been exposed to work from designers who use vintage items in their designs like The Novogratz, Emily Henderson and The Junk Gypsies, the look of vintage modern is really growing on me.

I have decided to venture out into the antiques world to see what cool things I can find to incorporate in our house that will mesh well with my baroque and Hollywood Regency modern pieces.  So far, I am really enjoying looking through all the old stuff.  I even stumbled upon this great antique mall in our crappy town of East Liverpool, Ohio.  My husband isn't as excited by it all.  He hates old things.  He thinks I have lost my mind.

I will be doing a post on this great antique mall in my town a little later, but in the meantime here are some of my favorite vintage modern rooms.

 I love this fancy, but yet simple bathroom.


 
 
 
 
 
Jonathan Adler
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 Via
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Jonathan Adler
 
Jonathan Adler's NY duplex
Jonathan Adler
 
I love the rooms with the vintage signage if you didn't notice.  The
other weird thing is that I really like all the white rooms with punches of color.  For a long time, I despised white walls mainly because I lived in so many rentals where I wasn't allowed to paint the white walls.   Now, I am perfectly fine with all the white walls.  It is funny how your personal style can change over the years.
 
I can't wait to add some vintage style to my designs.  What do you think about Vintage Modern or Flea Market Glamour styles?  Are you adding any vintage pieces to your decor.  I would love to hear your thoughts on it.  Until next time...
 


2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    These rooms are not my design "style", but I was absolutely in love with most of them! (I pinned a few.) :D
    My preferences in design change as well...sometimes in the middle of the project!
    I just found your blog recently and am really enjoying it.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am glad you found my blog. I will be posting more frequently now that my work schedule has changed. So I hope you continue to follow along.

      Delete