Monday, August 13, 2012

Where Have I Been?

I can't believe it has been about 20 days since I blogged last.  So many things have been keeping me busy. 

First of all, we decided that we wanted to have a garage sale before summer was over.  In order to accomplish that, we needed to sort through tons and tons of stuff that was in our basement.  There was about 15 years worth of crap that I have accumulated.  Needless to say that took a long time to sort through.

If you read my upcoming projects post, you might remember what my basement looked like before.  If not, here it is again.




Here is what the basement looks like now.






This space was going to become my craft/sewing room, but after finding asbestos on our duct work we decided to just use it for storage.  My husband built all the shelving.  The boxes that are sitting on the floor will be put on a Lack shelving unit that is currently in our kitchen. 


A couple weeks later, we decided to get ready for our garage sale.  Anyone who has put on a yard sale or garage sale knows how much work goes into it.  Putting everything out and pricing it is very time consuming.  So that took about a week to do.





Last weekend was our garage sale and it was a success for the most part.  Most of the big items sold very quickly and we made about $270.  I am going to try to sell a few things that were left on Craigslist and everything else is going to be donated.  It is a huge relief to have the garage sale done and the basement organized.


Now that all of that is done, I am finally getting back into doing projects around the house, decor-wise.  I am finishing up the bedroom and dog's room.  I hope you will come back to see the reveals of those rooms.  You won't want to miss it.  About 8 months in the making in these 2 rooms.