Friday, November 2, 2012

What You Get For Your Money...East Liverpool Ohio

I watch a lot of HGTV.  Go figure.  I am always amazed at how much real estate is in other parts of the US compared to our crappy little town of East Liverpool.  I thought it would be cool to show you an example of what is out there, in the real estate market, in my area.  You might be surprised.

This house I am going to show you is my favorite.  If my husband didn't have a problem with old houses, I would definitely want to buy this house.  It was listed on realtor.com for a few months and now has been removed.  With further research, I discovered that the house has an offer on it.  So it is quite possible that it is sold now.  Bummer!


 







 

All Images via Trulia

This is a 5 bedroom, 5 bath (2 partial), 2 story Tudor style home built in 1930.  It is 2,502 square feet.  It has a 1.02 acre lot with a 2 car garage.  Other features include 2 fireplaces, central air, family room with wet bar, a sun room and partial basement.

In my opinion, it needs a little work.  The kitchen and bathrooms need updating.  So it needs a little TLC.

So how much do you think this house is listed for?  How much would this house be if it were in your city?

This house is listed for $145,900.  They did start out at $172,500 and have lower the price twice in the past 2 months.  They obviously needed it to sell as soon as possible and priced it to sell.

I am kind of bummed that I couldn't get my diy hands on this house.  It would have been a lot of fun to transform this Tudor house into a more modern interior.

So what are your thoughts on this house?  Can you believe the price?  I wouldn't recommend moving to East Liverpool.  It really is a depressing town, but the real estate prices aren't bad at all and we are close to Pittsburgh, Pa.

Thanks for stopping by.